photocopied, reproduced, stored or translated to another language or purpose without the`prior written consent of RVSurvey. This
document contains proprietary information protected by copyright. All rights are reserved. No part of this document may be
Copying, paraphrasing or using this intellectual property, in any form, without explicit written permission from RVSurvey, forms a
binding contract agreeing to pay RVSurvey $10,000US, payable immediately. You may link to this web site without charge.
RVSurvey and RVSurvey.com are registered service marks of RVSurvey.
Copyright 2003-2016 RVSurvey. All rights reserved.
|Setting the standard for
Pre-purchase RV Inspections
What does the RVSurvey Pre-Purchase inspection include?
The RV Inspection cost is $300. Travel cost to the location of the RV is based on mileage. The inspection takes 3-4 hours. Following
the inspection, the inspector will contact the buyer to provide a preliminary report regarding the inspection findings. The full 30 page
report is provided the following day, with photos taken during the inspection. A summary of inspection findings is also provided so the
buyer can have a list of items to negotiate or have to work through to fix the RV.
The inspection covers the following areas:
- Exterior - damage, delamination, holes, cracks, unsealed areas, missing or modified components, paint, decals, storage
compartments/doors, window glass, tires, batteries, tow equipment, exterior and storage lights, etc.
- Roof - damaged or missing components, patches, repairs, holes, unsealed areas, etc.
- Undercarriage - frame damage, component condition, leaks, rotors, hydraulic issues, etc.
- Engine - lubricant contamination, belts, damaged or missing components. Engine also evaluated on test drive.
- Transmission - leaks, shift (on test drive), proper operation.
- Interior - identify any issues with window operation, missing components, trim, flooring, ceiling, walls, water leaks, missing or
damaged components, fixtures, plumbing, faucets, toilets, showers, etc.
- Appliances - test furnace, A/C, hot water heater, stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator, washer/dryer, ice maker, audio
components, TVs, nav systems, inverter, etc.
- Furnishings - window trim, chairs, sofas, beds, covers, folding chairs,
The full report is 30 pages and clearly covers everything attached to the RV. Photos are provided for areas of specific concern.